As COVID-19 is a very unexpected, unpredictable thing, our plans may need to be adjusted. We appreciate your flexibility within this as situations may arise that have not yet been planned for. Communication will come out in the event of new scenarios as we are able to determine best next steps.
We will follow the COVID-19 procedures of our current studio spaces, so that we can respectful of our time in and use of their facilities.
Updated: 13 March 2022
if you’re feeling unwell
stay at home
We ask that you please not attend class or enter the studio if any of the following applies to you within the past 7 days:
- you have 2 or more symptoms of COVID-19
- you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19
- you have travelled outside of the province
We still want you to move and dance, so we have arranged for all classes to be available virtually, and replays are available for later viewing when you’re ready.
COVID-19 Symptoms include:
- Fever (including chills/sweats)
- Cough (new or worsening)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes/conditions)
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing
- Acute loss of sense of smell or taste
- Unusual fatigue, lack of energy
- New onset of muscle aches
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet (this symptom applies to children only)
You can use the province’s COVID Assessment and Referral tool online to book a test if you’re experiencing symptoms.
keep it clean
wash or sanitize
A hand sanitizer station is available as dancers enter the studio. Please cleanse your hands when you arrive, and again when you leave.
Our facilities are cleaned daily and our high-touch surfaces are sanitized more frequently. All faculty, staff and teachers are required to wash or sanitize their hands regularly.
say it, don’t spray it
masking in studio
Magpie Movement will follow the COVID-19 protocols of our current studio spaces.
Masks are required when entering and exiting the building, in the common areas and washrooms, and while moving between classes.
While recommended, masks are not required once class has started and you are on the dance floor (eg; engaged in a physical activity). You can remove your mask and make the choice that is best for you during class.
We will mask up for partner and group work. If you have a respiratory issue, please alert your teacher, take breaks, and remove your mask as needed.
VaxPass + ID
As of 14 March 2022, we will no longer be recording or checking vaccination records or vaccine status.
Our faculty and staff will have 2+ doses plus boosters, as advised by NL Public Health.